Saturday, September 17, 2011

The first week here

Most people don't expect nature to give you a nice welcome when moving, but it did. We had an earthquake and a hurricane all within the first week of arrival.  Sam's parents were able to spend a couple days with us before going home, so we hit up some sites. 


World War II Monument

I just love this picture. Knowing Dax's personality, I am sure Dax is just asking Sam question after question and then just watching the water. 



Sam and Dax looking at the Vietnam Memorial.  My dad's best friend died while fighting in the Vietnam War, so we found his picture and sent it to my dad.  It was surreal to see how many names are on the wall.

George Washington's Home. I think this has been my favorite place so far.  George Washington's farm is so beautiful. It is right next to the Potomac River.  It overlooked Washington D.C. 

2 comments:

leslie said...

I miss you all even more now.

leslie said...

miss you guys